Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Onion's Hurriphoonado

I love The Onion - it can make me laugh until I cry. I just finished reading "Hurriphoonado Cuts Swath of Destruction Across Eastern, Western Hemispheres." It's like every single natural disaster news article from the past few years, all balled up in a giant mass of world-destroying horror. I particularly liked the bit about the hurriphoonado being classified as "an F4 tornado, Category 5 hurricane, and Level 7 redemptive act of God." By the way, this world-destroyer's name is Claire. Since this is the first-recorded hurriphoonado, shouldn't its name begin with an A?

1 comment:

  1. How about a hurriphoonadoquake? When I was still living in Washington state (earthquakes and windstorms), my family back here in Texas and in Illinois used to argue about which disaster was worse: hurricanes, tornadoes, or earthquakes. We finally all agreed it was home remodeling.

    (originally commented on the wrong post!)

    ReplyDelete