Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Adding to my list of books

Here's a list of some of the interesting-looking books I cataloged today:
  • God's mechanics : how scientists make scientists and engineers make sense of religion by Guy Consolmagno [BL240.3 .C68 2008]
  • The boy who was raised as a dog : and other stories from a child psychiatrist's notebook : what traumatized children can teach us about loss, love, and healing by Bruce D. Perry and Maia Szalavitz [RJ499.34 .P47 2006] - This one's pretty much guaranteed to make me cry, but the book jacket (and title) makes it seem like maybe all the kids in this book end up ok (or as ok as they can be, considering).

The war of the Jesus and Darwin fishes by John C. Caiazza [BL240.3 .C334 2007] has a great title, but it doesn't look quite as fun on the inside as it does on the outside, so it's not going on my TBR list - just on my mental "cool titles" list. There are some topics that interest me enough that I'd be willing to slog through something a little more academic (if I actually had time, that is, which usually isn't the case), but this book isn't on any of those topics. If it were about anthropology (especially linguistics) or library science, there'd be a much better chance I'd give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment