Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Something that works!

I got to try out my "new" cataloging procedures on more than one or two books today. I started on a stack of picture books and decided that, since they were ordered after the cut-off point (I think Jodee changed things on her end sometime in August), I should be able to test things out on them. The test worked great, with the only issues being little things. Trust me, I'm thrilled. I can't wait until I get to the point where I can use these new procedures on nearly everything. The fewer windows I have to toggle between, and the fewer searches I have to duplicate, the better.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodie, this makes me so happy! These are some historical fiction books I recently ordered that I BADLY need in the spring semester (probably around March, so hopefully they will be processed by then).

    This was the stuff I warned you earlier that I would put "out of order". There are some audiobooks (ordered pre-cut-off) I swapped them with. It also prevented you from having 60+ picture books at one time to do - I had two orders but they were only a week apart and ended up next to each other on your to-do shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured it would - benefit for you, you get picture books faster, benefit for me, I finally get to really test out the new procedures.

    ReplyDelete