Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Unauthorized subject headings

I've managed to reduce our unauthorized 650 fields (subject headings that don't have matching authority records in our system - this doesn't necessarily mean they aren't valid subject headings) to below 16,000. Or maybe that's the number of bibliographic records that contain unauthorized subject headings, I'm not sure. The number does not include Killeen-only records (which will one day be disappearing) or Cross Timbers stuff (which use subject headings in ways I don't quite understand and am not sure I should be messing with).

It's a small victory, and it's a long way from 0, but I'm still happy about it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you! We must celebrate the small victories! (I'll try to let you know before load more bad records) I'm counting getting my xx call number report under 200 pages a small victory.

    ReplyDelete